Ask / Submit

Revision history [back]

click to hide/show revision 1
initial version

posted 2017-04-20 20:14:54 +0300

I did an install of OpenGApps. I then had the google play store icon in the menu, but still not able to get rid of the "download pening" problem, even after rebooting the device. Now I just uninstalled OpenGApps and checked if the icon was gone from the menu.

Then I did another install of OpenGApps and as soon as Warehouse said installing (after download finished), I switched off the WiFi and mobile data (to prevent from updates downloading during install)

When installation was ready, I switched on WiFi and mobile data and I was able to start Google Play Store from the icon in the menu. Switched off WiFi and mobile data right after play store started.

In Google Play Store settings I can see version 7.7.31.O-all [0] [PR] 153394623 which is the latest AFAIK. After switching back on the WiFi and mobile data, I tried to update an app, and surprisingly it did update normally.

@vitaminj was right .... "just wait and see" ... no idea why it fails for days and suddenly started working again

I did an install of OpenGApps. I then had the google play store icon in the menu, but still not able to get rid of the "download pening" problem, even after rebooting the device. Now I just uninstalled OpenGApps and checked if the icon was gone from the menu.

Then I did another install of OpenGApps and as soon as Warehouse said installing (after download finished), I switched off the WiFi and mobile data (to prevent from updates downloading during install)

When installation was ready, I switched on WiFi and mobile data and I was able to start Google Play Store from the icon in the menu. Switched off WiFi and mobile data right after play store started.

In Google Play Store settings I can see version 7.7.31.O-all [0] [PR] 153394623 which is the latest AFAIK. After switching back on the WiFi and mobile data, I tried to update an app, and surprisingly it did update normally.

@vitaminj was right .... "just wait and see" ... no idea why it fails for days and suddenly started working again

Edit April 22, 2017: Just now I opened google play store on my Intex Aqua Fish where I can see that 2 updates are available. Pressing the update button brings me back to the original problem .... Download pending .... and not any download progress. To me it starts looking like Google is experimenting and testing with blocking downloads for uncertified devices.