Ask / Submit

Revision history [back]

click to hide/show revision 1
initial version

posted 2019-02-15 11:33:46 +0200

Note on dev mode enabling; I also found myself in the position where dev mode could not be enabled after doing the following steps

  1. Use new partitioning tool from Planet Computers (downloaded files on 2019-02-14)
  2. only flash SFOS (no TWRP, no Android, no Debian, no Kali)
  3. boot freshly flashed Gemini
  4. try to enable developer mode
  5. progress bar about preparation shown for quite a while, then it drops back to previous screen and dev mode is still disabled.

At that point I got quite desperate as devel-su was not possible for me. (binary was not installed)

Turns out I had disabled dev mode access a while ago at https://account.jolla.com/ Enabled that, did ssu re 3.0.1.14 (that works without devel-su), waited a bit (presume repos were refreshed), rebooted. Then I could enable dev mode and install the Jolla apps (Calendar, notes, etc)

I'll reflash again, skipping the ssu re 3.0.1.14 step and see if that is sufficient before editing the wiki above.

Note on dev mode enabling; I also found myself in the position where dev mode could not be enabled after doing the following steps

  1. Use new partitioning tool from Planet Computers (downloaded files on 2019-02-14)
  2. only flash SFOS (no TWRP, no Android, no Debian, no Kali)
  3. boot freshly flashed Gemini
  4. try to enable developer mode
  5. progress bar about preparation shown for quite a while, then it drops back to previous screen and dev mode is still disabled.

At that point I got quite desperate as devel-su was not possible for me. (binary was not installed)

Turns out I had disabled dev mode access a while ago at https://account.jolla.com/ Enabled that, did ssu re 3.0.1.14 (that works without devel-su), waited a bit (presume repos were refreshed), rebooted. Then I could enable dev mode and install the Jolla apps (Calendar, notes, etc)

I'll reflash again, skipping the ssu re 3.0.1.14 step and see if that is sufficient before editing the wiki above.

EDIT: setting 3.0.1.14 was indeed necessary.