asked 2015-09-12 16:22:20 +0200
This post is a wiki. Anyone with karma >75 is welcome to improve it.
Beside Whatsapp which works fine - thanks - I'm using Threema, but chat notifications appear like before without sound oder notification in eventview. Also the icon is not showing up on the lock screen. Maybe make it configurable which notification will trigger a notification and which not?
Or maybe other Threema-users have other experiences?
EDIT: Same Behaviour for TextSecure
EDIT2: Edited the Topic to change the config file for users not so experienced. Worlaround work well for me...
EDIT3: Edited the call to let the question opened, to avoid a wrong understanding, it's not about installing these
chats for all users, it's about adding them to notification list, so if a user installs it notifications will work from the beginning.
For those not confident with terminal, you can install file browser with root from warehouse. with this app you can chance the read/write settings of the mentioned file and edit it with e.g. file case.
Step by step without terminal:
- Install Filecase from warehouse
- Install Filecase as root from warehouse
- Open Filecase as root
- Navigate two layers back with the white point on the upper left side
- Navigate to "usr"
- Navigate to "share"
- Navigate to "lipstick"
- Tap on "androidnotificationpriorities"
- Choose "Edit" in Pulldown menu
- add the given string at the end of file, for example:
For Mailapps replace
if your app is not mentioned here before do these additional steps to get the information:
- Install crest from Jolla store
- Open Crest
- Open your favorite android app you want to activate notifications for
- head back to crest, usually the topmost app is the one you search, check back, the string in crest should include the appname, for example
- Go back to FileCase
- Enter the following string, replacing "name of the app" and "string from crest"
*Name of the App*;chat,chat_exists
package:*string from crest*;chat,chat_exists
for mail apps replace
- Close the edit menu with navigating back (white dot in the upper left corner)
maybe restart device, in my case it worked without restart.
Please don't close the question as it's request to add these chats to the notification list for all users
Missing Apps so far: Threema, TextSecure, Conversations
EDIT4: 18.104.22.168 is still missing these.
EDIT5: Changelog to 22.214.171.124 contains still no info to THREEMA notifications.
EDIT6: I'm on 126.96.36.199 EA, workaround still has to be done
EDIT7: Changelog to 2.0.2 Aurajoki EA still contains no hint for any change. Can't understand, if this is it. It's so easy for them to add this for us.
EDIT8: 188.8.131.52 still doesn't contain Threema, jongla and a few others were added
EDIT9: 184.108.40.206 fixed