CardDAV sync no longer works for me, supposedly since 2.0.0.10

asked 2015-11-01 15:39:01 +0300

Yo gravatar image

Hi there!

I need help. I guess since the upgrade to 2.0.0.10 my CardDAV no longer works. It used to work fine before, now all my contacts are gone on the phone. They are still present on the server, though. I can't find any hint in the logs, neither on the server nor on the phone. I got phone logs using this.

I'm using ownCloud 8.1.3.

Here are the logs:

I guess the owncloud log is not relevant. The apache log is not meaningful. (WebDAV in lines 8 through 10 is probably the sync client on my computer.) Phone logs don't reveal anything to me.

All logs are anonymized (example.org/username/password/server-ip/client-ip)

Any ideas?

edit retag flag offensive close delete

Comments

Didn't have time to check your logs, but it could be corruption in the database. You can delete it as devel-su under

/home/nemo/.local/share/system/privileged/Contacts/qtcontacts-sqlite/

Then restart the phone. Done it plenty of times. You lose all contacts on phone of course, if you still had any from other sources.

OC 8.2 carddav works for me with 2.0.0.10.

Edit: I noticed that some of my new contacts didn't come visible under contacts until I restarted Contacts app, even when all other edits synced.

Manatus ( 2015-11-01 18:25:16 +0300 )edit

It seems that the CardDAV plugin made an error while parsing the addressbook information from the addressbook-set response. From line 88 of the journalctl log, we have the response:

 <d:response>
     <d:href>/remote.php/carddav/addressbooks/username/privat/</d:href>
     <d:propstat>
          <d:prop>
             <d:resourcetype><d:collection/><card:addressbook/></d:resourcetype>
             <d:displayname>privat</d:displayname>
             <x3:getctag xmlns:x3="http://calendarserver.org/ns/">1445706981</x3:getctag>
         </d:prop>
         <d:status>HTTP/1.1 200 OK</d:status>
     </d:propstat>
 </d:response>

but subsequently we see:

 Nov 01 13:35:06 Jolla carddav-client[31361]: [D] ReplyParser::parseAddressbookInformation:273 - QList<ReplyParser::AddressBookInformation> ReplyParser::parseAddressbookInformation(const QByteArray&) const parsing information for addressbook: "/remote.php/carddav/addressbooks/username/privat/"

and no other output... either that failed, or the log is being truncated so that we cannot see what is happening after that point.

In any event, various improvements to addressbook-set parsing have been committed to the mainline, and will be released in 2.0.2.x update of SailfishOS. See the commits made during October in https://git.merproject.org/mer-core/buteo-sync-plugin-carddav/commits/master for those.

chris.adams ( 2015-11-03 05:01:31 +0300 )edit