We're glad to announce that the latest Sailfish OS update Taalojärvi is now ready to be shared with our early access customers! This update is mostly a quality release containing hundreds of bug fixes, most notably in Homescreen, Connectivity and Android support. It has also some valuable new features, such as direct sharing to cloud, lockscreen media controls added for Android media apps on Tablet, and the ability to show past communication logs directly in contact cards.
Upgrade version history
- 2016-01-19: 126.96.36.199 Early access release
- 2016-04-28: 188.8.131.52 Early access update to address critical incoming call issue and to provide latest security updates
- 2016-05-09: 184.108.40.206 Roll-out to all users.
- Share pictures to your Dropbox or OneDrive account
- Sailfish sharing options added into Android sharing menu
- Past communication events displayed on contact cards
- Allow toggling password text visibility in password fields across the OS
- Access to Events settings from Events View shortcuts menu
- Flicking between Homescreen views made easier
- Allow installing untrusted software without Jolla account
- Tablet: Landscape support for Bluetooth pairing and file transfer dialogs
- Fixed an issue where System UI has stopped while running Android app
- Improved restart handling for Android runtime
- Support for lockscreen media controls on Tablet
- SMS sending support
- Camera issues with Android apps fixed
- Fixed an issue where Android applications (such as file managers) could not access path /media/sdcard
- Added support for Aptoide's tablet version
- Fix virtual keyboard opening in gmail.com
- Fix focus handling after user has closed virtual keyboard with a gesture
- Don't request location permission if GPS is disabled
- Improved day view layout
- Fixes Google calendar sync from device to cloud
- Fixes for image metadata
- Make video playback consistent with Gallery
- Hidden network's name is now shown when typing it
- Bug fixes from upstream
- Fixed an issue where app might quit automatically if started from command line when display is off
- Fixed brightness-setting overlapping quick actions on events view's "pull down settings"
- Fixed crash when minimizing and restoring gallery app while playing a video
- Reordering apps on app grid folder works again
- Random texture is sometimes drawn when application is activated from launcher
- Fixed peeking an app while receiving an alarm
- Shutdown view displays "Goodbye" instead of Jolla logo
- Hindi keyboard
- Keyboard sounds no longer break Bluetooth sound in silent mode
- Documents placeholder text layout fixed for languages with long translations like Finnish
- PDF document crash fixes
- Added communication history.
- Multiple fixes to call dialog getting stuck
- Better error handling of USSD requests while in flight mode
- Fix issue where incoming call gets sometimes automatically silenced after 2 seconds
- Updated company address in About page
- Report same logicalDotsPerInchApp when launching from command line and app grid
- Allow use of QtQml.Models 2.1 in apps
- Allow use of libdl.so.2(GLIBC_2.1) in apps
- Fix CVE-2015-5986, CVE-2015-5722, CVE-2015-5477, CVE-2015-4620, CVE-2015-8126, CVE-2015-7981, CVE-2015-7547, CVE-2016-0800.
- Tapping on check mark highlights but does not change state
- Launcher edge indicator is shown correctly in Tutorial
For detailed changelog, see https://together.jolla.com/question/126893/changelog-201taalojarvi/
Upgrading your devices
This is the usual drill before attempting to upgrade your devices,
- If you use Phonehook from OpenRepos, uninstall it before upgrading.
- If you use Patchmanager, revert all applied patches before upgrading.
- Take a backup of your data before attempting to upgrade your device. A successful backup operation is indicated by a green dot in the UI.
- Do not reboot the device while the update is in progress.
- The device screen may blank out during the update process, you may waken the display by a short press on the power key to monitor the progress.
- Do keep the phone connected to a battery charger during the whole process.
For detailed instructions on updating software, visit Zendesk [ https://jolla.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/201836347 ].
If connected to the internet, and your account is subscribed for Early Access releases, your Jolla device should receive an OS update notification shortly.
- Google contact sync may sometimes hang up and drain the battery
- PC connection mode (MTP) does not work with Windows 10 in all cases
- In some cases pending updates for store applications or applications installed from 3rd party repositories may block the system update. Installing the application updates first should fix this.