[solved] eMail polling did not work after upgrading to 2.0.1.11 [answered]

asked 2016-05-11 22:22:17 +0300

G.Ohrner gravatar image

Just to document it in case anyone else is affected:

After upgrading to 2.0.1.11 "Taalojärvi", the eMail client did not automatically check for mail any more. IMAP idle does not seem to work anyway, so it did the default (?) 30-minute-polling before the update.

Afterwards, the setting still was the same, but nevertheless, the mail client did not check for mails and also said so in minimized state ("last checked 3 hours ago" or whatever it displays there exactly...)

The solution was to:

  1. Close the email application.
  2. Change the polling interval to 15 minutes.
  3. Reboot.

Afterwards, it worked again, and continued to work when I changed the polling interval back to 30 minutes.

Other glitches I experienced after the upgrade:

  • The notification screen showed the last unknown missed incoming call as "true" after the update, instead of showing the phone number which called.
  • The first attempt to place and outgoing call failed miserably: The phone application hung/froze after a short time and I could not terminate the call attempt. (Noone was answering on the other end.) Then, suddenly the phone just rebooted. Subsequent call attempts after the reboot worked fine so far, but I have to add that I did not place a lot of calls since the update...
edit retag flag offensive reopen delete

The question has been closed for the following reason "the question is answered, an answer was accepted" by misc11
close date 2016-05-12 02:19:58.205677

Comments

@G.Ohrner hey, after your question is answered (in this case by yourself), please close the thread. :-)

misc11 ( 2016-05-12 02:19:49 +0300 )edit

also for the other bugs you are experiencing... please check if somebody already posted it - if not, make an own thread for each bug.

misc11 ( 2016-05-12 02:21:28 +0300 )edit

Ok, you're right - thanks for tagging the question as "answered"!

Concerning the other "bugs" / glitches: All of these only occured once after the upgrade so far, I cannot reproduce them and I cannot exactly state the conditions required before performing the update so the glitches appear after updating - thus I could post these as new questions, but would not expect that it would either help the users or the developers... :-(

G.Ohrner ( 2016-05-12 11:34:45 +0300 )edit