Ask / Submit
0

Exchange Calendar Sync

asked 2016-06-20 09:26:25 +0200

thargor gravatar image

Dear Colleagues

Currently my Jolla is not able to sync the calendar with exchange.

I tried to delete and add the account. Nothing happened (except the existing exchange entries disappeared during the deletion and did not show up again after adding the account).

I do not get an error or I do not know where to search. Does anybody have further information on how to I investigate in calendar syncing problems with exchange? Build: 2.0.1.11

Thanks

Thargor

edit retag flag offensive close delete

Comments

Hei! Did you try to uncheck the "Provisioning" (When enabled, the device and the server will exchange information to confirm if the device meets the server requirements) function in the account's setup?

If I have this option checked, I can create the account (hosted by one.com), but sync won't work, with the option unchecked, sync works (with the known issues regarding calendar events)

/cosine

Cosine ( 2016-06-20 10:39:34 +0200 )edit

I'm not sure if every exchange server needs this but at my company it was necessary:

  1. [Setttings] - [Device lock] must be activated
  2. Number of tries must be a number, this means "unlimited" is not allowed
JAX ( 2016-06-21 00:48:57 +0200 )edit
1

@thargor you can enable more debug logging by editing /home/nemo/.config/Nokia/activesync.conf and either enabling the syslog category (so that logging is visible in the journal via journalctl) or by enabling the file log category, e.g.:

 [FileLog]
 Enabled=1
 Path=/home/nemo/Documents/as.log

and setting the specific data-type categories (calendar, contacts, email etc) to 1 also.

Then reboot your device and kick off a sync again via Settings / Accounts -> Longpress Exchange -> Sync. The logs should then prove useful.

chris.adams ( 2016-06-21 05:50:56 +0200 )edit

1 Answer

Sort by » oldest newest most voted
0

answered 2016-06-21 10:30:08 +0200

thargor gravatar image

updated 2016-06-21 12:51:18 +0200

@chris.adams Thank you for the info. This seems to help. But unfortunately I now know that the sync should work. The jolla is receiving new calendar entries. But either the phone is not able to store the event or the calendar is not displaying the event. In the logfiles I get the following errors:

[988] Juni 21 09:24:12 [Error] sqlitestorage.cpp: 2923 - sqlite3_step error: 11 
[988] Juni 21 09:24:12 [Error] sqlitestorage.cpp: 1852 - saving timezones failed


[988] Juni 21 09:24:12 [Error] sqlitestorage.cpp: 2923 - sqlite3_step error: 11 
[988] Juni 21 09:24:12 [Error] sqlitestorage.cpp: 1852 - saving timezones failed 
[988] Juni 21 09:24:12 [Error] sqliteformat.cpp: 494 - sqlite3_step error: 11 
[988] Juni 21 09:24:12 [Error] sqlitestorage.cpp: 2069 - database disk image is malformed for incidence "1519f084-2d77-4a0b-9ec8-885f3d16fa92"

From my point of view, it seems that there is a problem with the sqliteDB. Does any body know how to I fix this issue?

I tried to start the jolla-calendar from command line and got the following error:

[C] mKCal::SqliteStorage::open:189 - sqlitestorage.cpp: 189 - unable to open database file 

I changed the permission and owner (what should be the owner of /home/nemo/.local/share/system/privileged?) to be able to open the database.

After this I started the calendar again and got the following error messages (a lot of them):

[C] mKCal::SqliteFormat::Private::selectCustomproperties:1430 - sqliteformat.cpp: 1430 - sqlite3_step error: 11 
[W] mKCal::SqliteFormat::selectComponents:1358 - sqliteformat.cpp: 1358 - failed to get customproperties for incidence "780f7a1a-ee51-4ad9-9b32-ee451fc72a65" notebook "4558c7d7-3d96-41f4-8218-1cc105cd33b1" 

It seems the calendar database is some how corrupt. Does anybody know how to rebuild the database?

After deleting the folder /home/nemo/.local/share/system/privileged/Calendar/mkcal and reading the exchange account. The calendar works again.

edit flag offensive delete publish link more

Comments

Uh oh, that's a serious issue. If anyone can reliably reproduce this happening, that would be appreciated... otherwise I suspect that it's caused by btrfs or something, since sqlite3 should be very robust against these types of corruptions :-/

chris.adams ( 2016-06-23 08:54:11 +0200 )edit

Unfortunately I'm not able to provide further information. I do not know how it came to this situation, neither I'm able to tell you since when. I agree that corrupted files is a serious problem and should not happen in any way. In my situation the problem was solvable. If I have the same or a similar problem again I'll let you know.

thargor ( 2016-06-23 09:09:01 +0200 )edit
Login/Signup to Answer

Question tools

Follow
1 follower

Stats

Asked: 2016-06-20 09:26:25 +0200

Seen: 399 times

Last updated: Jun 20 '16