Sailfish OS 2.0.2 is named 'Aurajoki', the river going through Turku, a beautiful Finnish city. To gain some momentum, we have decided to switch our release codenames from lakes to rivers!
This release continues to improve the Sailfish OS 2.0 experience. Storage settings allow users to format, and safely eject memory cards. It also provides access to the files on the device and on memory cards. Cloud support continues to evolve with a support of VK and with backup support for OneDrive and DropBox. With release 2.0.2 Sailfish OS adds support for Intex Aqua Fish and Jolla C devices. New hardware features of the devices, like FM radio and Dual SIM are now supported.
This release brings a lot of improved features and fixes. Thank you for the feedback and making yet another big upgrade possible!
Upgrade version history
- 2016-07-28: 22.214.171.124 Early access release
- 2016-08-31: 126.96.36.199 Early access release updated
- 2016-09-07: 188.8.131.52 Released to all
- Wallpapers are always copied to system memory to avoid losing ambiences when removing SD card
- Simplified backup experience
- Backup of local (personal, non-synced) calendar is now possible
- Backups can be made to cloud services (supported for DropBox and OneDrive)
- Open external links to new tabs
- Fixes missing search engines
- Fix missing LTE bands support in Jolla C
Customer specific features
- Fix issues in SMS activation
- Flash can now be used while taking video
- Added reset to default settings option to Camera application
- Improved Camera launch time
- Added support for VK
- Dual SIM support for devices with Dual SIM
- Migrate Facebook features away from deprecated Graph API 2.0
- 3rd party email API supports attachments
- 'Flashlight switch' for events view Actions and shortcuts
- Five-day weather forecast updates now automatically
- Dropbox gallery integration.
- OneDrive gallery integration.
- Large photos open faster
Home and Lock screen
- Press volume up and down together for 0.5 seconds to create a screenshot
HW adaptation & kernel
- Support for Intex Aqua Fish & Jolla C
- Fix support for certain SD cards that were failing
- Support for Mozilla Location Service positioning assistance, which can use nearby wifi access points and cell towers to help determine your location. This service is not available for Jolla1 and Jolla Tablet.
- Locale specific numbers are now supported around OS
- Common smiley characters supported
- Keyboard layouts and fonts added for Indian languages Telugu, Malayalam, Kannada, Punjabi, Tamil and Bengali
- Keyboard layout for Greek
- New Russian ruble symbol taken into use
- Setting to add favorite actions and app shortcuts to lock screen pulley menu
- Lock screen transition shortened
- Media controls are hidden if no music is played for 30 minutes
- New layout for front page
- Support for FM Radio (only on devices with FM radio hardware). Big thanks to Matti Lehtimäki (mal-) for writing its middleware plugin!
- Setting to display remaining character counts for text messages (SMS)
- Show MMS download progress
- Allow copying text to clipboard
- Ability to delete and share multiple contacts at once
- Long tap * in dialer for +
- Setting to enable automatic call recording on Jolla C and Aqua Fish
- Faster dialing transition
- SD Card settings for formatting SD cards, and for safely removing them
- Setting to add reboot button on top menu
- Factory reset is not be allowed if battery is under 15%
- Show app version number in Android app settings page
- Storage space view with a simple file manager
- "Flip-to-silence" gesture setting
- Fix issues in Mobile electronic signature
- Untrusted software installation no longer requires Jolla account
- New Sailfish logo
For detailed changelog, see https://together.jolla.com/question/139609/changelog-202aurajoki/
Upgrading your devices
This is the usual drill before attempting to upgrade your devices,
- If you use Phonehook from OpenRepos, uninstall it before upgrading.
- If you use Patchmanager, revert all applied patches before upgrading.
- Take a backup of your data before attempting to upgrade your device. A successful backup operation is indicated by a green dot in the UI.
- Do not reboot the device while the update is in progress.
- The device screen may blank out during the update process, you may waken the display by a short press on the power key to monitor the progress.
- Do keep the phone connected to a battery charger during the whole process.
For detailed instructions on updating software, visit Zendesk [ https://jolla.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/201836347 ].
If connected to the internet, and your account is subscribed for Early Access releases, your Jolla device should receive an OS update notification shortly.
- Very rarely Jolla tablet fails to boot homescreen after update. Workaround it is to reboot the device
- Rarely pulley menu gets stuck on Jolla. Workaround is to swipe to enter home, and then go back to app and now the pulley menu should work again.
- Currently the backup and restore operations are limited to the size of the /tmp partition, which is typically around 1GB when empty. If this condition is not met, the backup operation creates an erroneous backup, or the restore operation fails to restore the backup correctly. A fix is underway for this, but in the meantime, you can clear the contents of /tmp before doing a backup or restore to maximize the available space. If you have very large files that cannot be well compressed (e.g. videos) or a sizeable collection of large files (e.g. photos) that will cause the /tmp limit to be exceeded, move these to the memory card or some other off-device location before starting the backup/restore. Note that videos and images are not included in cloud-based backups so this is predominantly an issue for memory card backup/restore operations.