Ask / Submit

CardDAV broken after update

asked 2017-04-17 14:27:27 +0300

joachim.schwender gravatar image

updated 2017-07-19 09:35:48 +0300

jovirkku gravatar image

After upgrading to SailfishOS (Iijoki) (armv7hl) the sync to my radicale server does not work anymore. If i hit synchronize, no feedback is given at all. I don't have a single contact in my contact app. This renders my phone unusable. Another sync account to an Exchange server works, but that is not what i need. The radicale log just says "PROPFIND request at … received … Anonymous user refused". From my PC with Thunderbird client the carddav server works perfectly like it always did. The jolla phone with previous version (i guess it was also worked perfectly with the same radicale server. The same server provides CalDav, and this is working with jolla calendar - no problem. Is there a chance to fix it, or do i have to roll back the version??

edit retag flag offensive close delete


We had the same problem on our two Jolla 1. After we removed and recreated the account, all is working fine. Do you have tried to recreate the account?

MichaelS ( 2017-04-17 15:08:28 +0300 )edit

Thank you Michael for your response. I had similar trouble in one of the past updates. Last time recreating the account helped, this time it did not. I also tried to delete all local contacts, although there should not be local contacts, as i exclusively use carddav contacts. Sync still does not work.

joachim.schwender ( 2017-04-17 15:35:16 +0300 )edit

how-to tag removed. How-to is reserved for when you are actually posting a solution; how to...fix blah,blah.

Edz ( 2017-04-17 21:22:51 +0300 )edit

I can confirm the exact same behavior with Apple Calenderserver on Ubuntu 17.04: CalDAV is working but CardDAV does not.

CalenderServer Acceslog shows PROPFIND request from Jolla which receives a HTTP 207 answer that mentions more than 270 responses, but the files are never queried from Sailfish.

Recreating accounts does not help.

Tim Drub ( 2017-05-18 11:41:34 +0300 )edit

1 Answer

Sort by » oldest newest most voted

answered 2017-06-18 03:28:53 +0300

nop gravatar image


I had a similiar problem: CardDAV/CalDAV access to my radicale-server (py27-radicale-1.1.1 on FreeBSD) broken after update to Sailfish OS 2.1... Simply deleting and recreating the account didn't help.

Finally I got it working again by putting the whole addressbook-URL in server address and keeping the CardDAV field empty.

Example settings:

Server-side auth "type" is "htpasswd" and "htpasswd_encryption" is "crypt". The adressbook.vcf and calendar.ics had to exists on the server before syncing with the Sailfish OS device (I created them by setting up a WebDAV-addressbook and CalDAV-calendar in Evolution on my desktop machine).

edit flag offensive delete publish link more
Login/Signup to Answer

Question tools



Asked: 2017-04-17 14:27:27 +0300

Seen: 379 times

Last updated: Jul 19