"Problem With Exchange Sync" - Xperia X

asked 2018-03-13 15:18:10 +0200

msknight gravatar image

updated 2018-03-13 15:22:03 +0200

Switched to Sailfish X on the Xperia X at the weekend. (have 2.1.4.14) On initial installation of the Microsoft account, synchronisation is fine. Timings are set to use off-peak manually, and on-peak every 15 minutes. On-peak is from 6am to 9pm. Old e-mail 3 days, old events 2 weeks. Conflict is priority to server.

It all seems to go well, but then it seems to fall over. The last e-mail received is 7:11this morning, (I think 8am was the last sync) and any attempt to sync results in it getting stuck on the sync and it won't move from there. The tile says, "Problem with Sync" but I can't actually work out where to find more detail on what the problem is.

Rebooting the phone doesn't fix it. Going into the account and performing a sync at that level doesn't fix it. Tried to go into the accounts and change the server settings, but that didn't do it. Finally an extra reboot, then going into the accounts settings and synching from there managed to free it up.

The same happened yesterday, and I'm willing to lay odds that the same will happen tomorrow morning.

The question is... where do I look for the file that will tell me what the problem is please?

Edit - went into the accounts to change my personal and Gmail accounts from always 30 minute, to custom. The peak interval was shown to start at 9am, but when I went in to edit this, it showed 8am. Coincidence? I don't know. I've changed all e-mail accounts to sync the same way. We'll see what happens tomorrow morning.

edit retag flag offensive close delete

Comments

1

Unfortunately no magic solution as here: link text

aspergerguy ( 2018-03-13 17:40:39 +0200 )edit

Thanks for the heads up. Guess I just have to sit and wait.

msknight ( 2018-03-13 19:35:22 +0200 )edit

At least now I know though.... so I can take mitigating action.

msknight ( 2018-03-13 19:35:42 +0200 )edit

I had kind of the same problem. In my case the sync with the contact's screwed everything up (big company, big contacts Database i guess) and disabling this part of the sync in the account settings on the Sailfish helped.

Maybe deleting the exchange account and making a new on on the Xperia could be a workaround.

And, if everything else fails, you also can use the original Android client.

BlaeX ( 2018-03-14 10:01:05 +0200 )edit