CardDav from Mailcow gives incomplete sync [not relevant]

asked 2019-03-27 15:44:14 +0300

Artemix gravatar image

I installed Sailfish Oulanka, but when I add my mailcow carddav account (which succeeds), and run sync (even manual sync), I only get two contacts inside the contacts app (whereas I have around 400+ contacts on my Mailcow server).

I have checked "Sync automatically", Two-way sync, Sync content is set to every 30min, and I only added CardDAV, both with just / and with the direct SOGo address book path.

I don't know where to find logs for the carddav sync though.

edit retag flag offensive reopen delete

The question has been closed for the following reason "question is not relevant or outdated" by Maus
close date 2019-03-29 16:39:26.394295

Comments

1

Please collect logs the way it is explained here, provided you have developer access.

Maus ( 2019-03-27 16:03:46 +0300 )edit

Thank you, I didn't manage to find this page by myself.

Between the time I created the request and the time I could access my computer to try that, I decided to import my contacts from my old phone using a .vcf file I transferred.

After that, I tried the procedure, scp'ing the logs back to my desktop computer, and I could effectively see that now, the carddav "works" (hear "looks like it's working") as the AMR diff shows no change at all (which is coherent, as my sync server's state was the same as my old phone's contact book), and I tried a few operations (deleting about 10 contacts, syncing, adding 10 contacts, syncing), which were all successful.

So either the first sync gave too much data for the carddav client to handle, my phone was somehow misconfigured, or there's still a problem which I can't manage to reproduce.

As far as I'm concerned, the problem's solved as-is. I'll monitor the sync (server-side) to see if it durably works or if I'd need to search again.

Artemix ( 2019-03-27 20:48:10 +0300 )edit