We have moved to a new Sailfish OS Forum. Please start new discussions there.
4

TAO Translator update issue [answered]

asked 2014-01-28 18:30:46 +0300

updated 2014-01-30 17:26:34 +0300

chemist gravatar image

Hi guys, I am notified by phone about an available update for The Advanced Online Translator but I get Store problem error. It seems to be new packages are not fetched from server. It keeps on waiting and after that I get error. At one point the store notified me that I had no installed apps. I am connected over hsdpa and connection is not the problem, writing from the phone. Anyone using this app and having the same incident? Maybe will send a mail or comment to dev Thanks

edit retag flag offensive reopen delete

The question has been closed for the following reason "the question is answered, an answer was accepted" by debexpert
close date 2014-01-29 09:30:28.040961

Comments

same issue, but for me also openrepos is ofline..

teun ( 2014-01-28 19:14:41 +0300 )edit

You can ignore the update failed error. You're already up to date. It's a server-side issue. See my answer below.

pycage ( 2014-01-28 21:13:09 +0300 )edit

I had the same issue with TAO. I then uninstalled the translator, rebooted, installed TAO, and now everything is ok. Had the same issue with "Friends" also. Why, I don't know?

tapio.oling ( 2014-01-28 21:14:12 +0300 )edit

Thanks guys. Indeed it was a server side error. Resolved. Closing the issue

debexpert ( 2014-01-29 09:29:48 +0300 )edit

1 Answer

Sort by » oldest newest most voted
2

answered 2014-01-28 21:12:22 +0300

pycage gravatar image

updated 2014-01-28 21:37:39 +0300

I analysed the issue in the journalctl. Package harbour-taot is installed in version 0.3.2.1-1, while the store reports 0.3.2-1 to be the latest. So there's a version mismatch. I assume it's some server error on the store side, maybe because the version of the package consists of four numbers before the dash.

Long answer short, you as user can't do anything about it. It has to be fixed on the server side.

EDIT: This has been fixed now. Close the store-client and wait for about 5 minutes before you open it again. The update notification should be gone! If you can't wait, and have Developer Mode, just do a "pkill store-client".

edit flag offensive delete publish link more

Comments

Thanks pycage! Closing the issue

debexpert ( 2014-01-29 09:30:12 +0300 )edit

Question tools

Follow
1 follower

Stats

Asked: 2014-01-28 18:30:46 +0300

Seen: 103 times

Last updated: Jan 28 '14