We have moved to a new Sailfish OS Forum. Please start new discussions there.

[bug] mail accounts not working after restore

asked 2019-09-08 13:17:21 +0300

updated 2020-02-22 11:19:07 +0300

Hey, after another failure of all my general (manually configured) mail accounts after backup and restore on same OS version (once on 3.0 and now on 3.1) I would like to know if this happened to others, too. I found old mentioning and fiddling with updating passwords and deactivating/activating account. But that did not work! WAIT!!! One of my accounts was suddenly syncing but all my others I did not get to connect/syncing. So ended up deleting, re-creating (again!). :(

Removed passwords, reentered (correctly!), deactivated/activated, closed mail app, closed settings, re-opened...

All other settings were restored successfully.

Anyone? Jolla?

Is this really such seldom? No other people affected by this?

edit retag flag offensive close delete



same for me. after restore mailaccounts are visible, but syncing is not working. had also to delete and recreate to make it run...

toba ( 2019-09-08 13:56:54 +0300 )edit

Which is a PITA and probably loss of mails when using POP (for whatever reason!).

peterleinchen ( 2019-09-08 14:14:44 +0300 )edit

I had always to delete and recreate mail accounts after a restore. Sorry.

magullo ( 2019-09-08 16:06:08 +0300 )edit

I deleted and recreated my google account, but I still can't send mail.

vattuvarg ( 2019-09-08 17:15:32 +0300 )edit

I used the backup of the Jolla 1 on the XA2 and just had to re-enter the passwords. This behavior is correct under security aspects. Furthermore, there were no further problems.

Edit: I have 2 email accounts with push.

4carlos ( 2019-09-09 06:58:55 +0300 )edit

1 Answer

Sort by » oldest newest most voted

answered 2020-02-22 11:24:02 +0300

Maus gravatar image

updated 2020-02-22 11:24:44 +0300

You probably have hit this bug if rebooting just after the first error message helps. Good luck.

edit flag offensive delete publish link more



Restoring General Email accounts from backups did not work here, too. I had to manually remove those from my backups.

Maus ( 2020-02-22 11:27:02 +0300 )edit

I know this bug (not happened to me) but I am sure it is something different.

peterleinchen ( 2020-02-22 15:18:24 +0300 )edit

I'm not fully convinced this isn't caused by the very same code in the Jolla settings context. Anyway, I hope this gets resolved.

Maus ( 2020-02-22 19:11:07 +0300 )edit

I had the same problem at last update of my Xperia10 to SFOS I made a data backup with a SD card in SIM-slot 2. After updating to SFOS and restoring the mail accounts (IMAP accounts) from the backup, all data of the accounts including the passwors were correct readable, but it did not sync, no login at the IMAP mail server possible. No restart of mail program or reboot of the Xperia10 did help anything. All other data was restored successful.

So I deleted all mail accounts and created them new. After this it worked fine, till today.

Andrea777 ( 2020-02-23 12:15:33 +0300 )edit
Login/Signup to Answer

Question tools



Asked: 2019-09-08 13:17:21 +0300

Seen: 337 times

Last updated: Feb 22