Release date: 31.1.2014
Download size: ~200-250MB
- Landscape mode for Browser, gestures and notifications
- Pinch to zoom support in Camera viewfinder
- SMS support in Android runtime environment
- Clearly distinguish Android apps from native apps in Store
- Settings to disable/enable Quick call support in Phone app (from Settings->Apps->Phone)
- 'Clear clipboard' functionality
- Delete all contacts in one go ( via pulley menu option in People app settings)
- Improved recovery mode functionality introducing new features such as bootloader unlocking, shell and filesystem recovery options
- Exchange ActiveSync policies introduced ('DevicePasswordEnabled' only)
- Event location support to calendar events
Note: On first boot after the upgrade, you will experience delayed application start for Android apps (depending on the no. of Android apps you have installed on your Jolla). Wait for a bit before you attempt to launch them. If the environment has not been fully loaded, you will experience apps closing on startup.
Fetch the update
- You need a working Jolla account configured on your device in order to receive update notifications. If you are unable to successfully configure the account, please visit account.jolla.com and try to reset your password.
- It is recommended to have the charger connected before attempting to upgrade the device.
Update the software
If your Jolla is connected to WLAN network, an OS update notification should pop up shortly. If you just can't wait, you can manually trigger an OS update check as follows:
- Open Settings app
- Go to System Settings -> About Product
- Pull down the pulley menu and select 'Check for update'
- Once an OS update notification is received, tap on it and follow the instructions.
Do not reboot the device while the OS update installation is in progress. The process takes up to 10 minutes. During the update, the device screen might blank out. You may awaken the display by a short press on the power key to monitor the progress. When the upgrade has completed successfully, you will see the LED light up red before the device restarts.
Let the phone proceed to restart by itself, do NOT touch the power key.
Note: If your device currently has a software version lower than 188.8.131.52 you will first be offered to upgrade to 184.108.40.206 before this update can be installed
Highlights of improvements
- Fixes the issue with NFC leaking power when TOH is attached.
- On connecting the Other Half, associated ambience will not change unless it is being used for the first time or the ambiance has been earlier marked as favourite.
- Installed ambience is only activated if the Other Half has been changed.
- Improvements in profile handling.
- Multiple accounts of the same service can now be differentiated by the display name entered in the 'Account information' field
- Improved country list search while setting up new accounts
- Fixes "account needs update" messages displayed for still-authenticated accounts
- Fixes issues with sound profile due to ambience ringtone volume settings
Visual improvements in the UI
- Performance improvements to pulley menus
- Rendering improvements during scrolling through disabling subpixel dragging
- Fixes to multi-line text editor layouts
- Fixes the search field text clipping issue
- Automatically close menus when an app goes to background
- Commit composed text when user drags the cursor
- Unfocused text fields are now less dim and more readable
- Label fade effect made less aggressive
- Audio quality Improvements to video recordings
- Front camera now has a resolution of 2 Mpx in aspect ratio 4:3
- Fixes an issue where images in certain conditions have very cold (blue) tones.
- Option to select calendar when creating an event
- Shows active image on the cover
- Shows transferred mp4 videos if tapped on the video in the Transfer UI
- Modifying email tone in Gallery Ambience album is actually taken into use now
- Automatic SIM contacts availability can be turned off
- Characters not part of locale alphabets are appended to the alphabet groups when required
- Removes editor restriction on one detail of any specific type
- Search indexes more information in the background
- Search correctly distinguishes between diacritic forms for locales
- Address format corrected for locale conventions
- Contact favorite status can be changed from Messages and Phone
- Duplicate IM addresses are suppressed
- Cleared detail fields are removed rather than preserved
- Email address field does not auto-capitalize
- Import VCF file listing shows filename
- VCF import creates nickname for contacts without sufficient identification
- SIM contact modifications no longer lost after flight mode activated
- 'Title' field applies to organizational role, rather than name prefix
- Fixes invalid link suggestions with Mail for Exchange
- Fixes a crash after linking contacts
- Fixes audio issues with SE VH410 bluetooth headset
- Bluetooth visibility timer no longer pauses when the device is in sleep mode
- New tabs can be cancelled by navigating back
- Fixes issues in saving content downloaded from password protected websites
- Tab thumbnails now sorted in most recently used order
- URL input method for search/url field
- Fixes an issue in having wrong thumbnail in tab grid
- Fixes an issue that prevents sending emails only with CC or BCC
- Better visual separation between messages when replying to a email
- Fixes an issue related to opening a html email via notification
- Several improvements for the reply and reply all actions
- Fixes an issue related to the handling of 'reply-to' header
- Fixes an issue related to the handling of 'In-Reply-To' and 'references' message headers
- Fixes an issue in the communication with SMTP servers that don't accept authentication command in two steps
- Fixes an issue related to email encoding
- Fixes an issue that prevents the "Email info" page from scrolling
- Improvements in contacts and calendar synchronization
- Fixes an issue that prevented communication with Open-Xchange servers.
- Improvements on the error handling when login fails
- Fixes an issue that cause exchange to sync automatically outside peak hours
Battery & power saving
- "Recharge battery" notification now displayed before the device completely shuts down
- Fixes an issue that allowed bypassing devicelock code with usb cable
Transfers and Sharing
- Initiated downloads that are unfinished or closed by the client now expires after 3 minutes
- Sharing PNG images doesn't fail anymore
- Portuguese layout added
- Enhanced prediction for Italian and French
- Some missing characters to key popups added
- URL and email modes now available for layouts
- Better landscape support
- Scientific notation is not used anymore for single digit decimal numbers
- Disables Android phone app playing ringtone on receiving an incoming call
- Fixes issue in detecting mobile data network connection
- Improvements to remote keyboard, audio service and window handling
- Fixes issue where flight mode was not persistent after reboot
- Improved memory handling while running low on available memory