Ask / Submit
2

Bug: Calendar invitation breaks office 365 exchange sync [released]

asked 2014-02-07 00:03:56 +0300

TemeV gravatar image

updated 2014-04-07 09:42:21 +0300

VDVsx gravatar image

If I receive a calendar invitation to my office 365 account, Jolla does not sync the account anymore. After trying for a long while it just says "Problem with sync". Accepting the invitation and disabling calendar synchronization from options makes the sync work again i.e. syncing just emails and contacts works after invitation is removed from inbox. Also when I remove the event from the calendar via web ui, the syncing starts to work again.

I tried this also with live.com account, and the problem does not exist there, so this is somewhat specific to office 365.

Here is how I tested this:

  • Send invitation from live.com account to office 365 address -> Sync stops working. "Problem with sync"
  • Disable calendar synchronization for office 365 account -> Sync is still not working. "Problem with sync"
  • Accept the invitation from office 365 web ui (the invitation mail is moved to trash) -> Sync starts to work again.
  • Enable office365 calendar synchronization -> Sync stops working again. "Problem with sync"
  • Delete ("Decline") the event from office 365 -> Sync starts to work again.

I tried turning off provisioning but it didn't help. I tried removing the calendar database files but it didn't help. I tried removing the account and everything related to it and then creating the account again, but it didn't help. I even tried factory reset while debugging this problem, so this shouldn't be caused by me messing around with command line (it might still be possible though :). Having an invitation in inbox or event to which I'm invited in calendar just breaks synchronization. Is my Jolla / office 365 / me doing something weird, or is someone else having this kind of problem?

edit retag flag offensive reopen delete

The question has been closed for the following reason "released in a software update" by VDVsx
close date 2014-04-07 09:42:26.800940

Comments

We recently identified a issue with certain calendar entries that make on component misbehave leading to similar situation as you describe, are you able to collect logs to confirm if is the same ?

remove the account and then enable logging, in:

/home/nemo/.config/Nokia/activesync.conf

Enable file log and add a path for the log, like for example:

[FileLog]
Enabled=1
Path=/home/nemo/Documents/as.log

Reboot the device and then configure the account again, wait until the sync is finished, reproduce the problem, examine the file to see if you want to remove some data, your email address, calendar entries names and folder names can be presented there, send me the logs to mail-logs at jolla dot com, refering this question link. After that turn file log off again by setting "enabled" to 0.Thanks a lot!

VDVsx ( 2014-02-11 08:32:20 +0300 )edit

I sent the log file to that address. I censored quite much contacts etc from the file, I hope I didn't remove anything important :)

TemeV ( 2014-02-13 21:08:37 +0300 )edit

1 Answer

Sort by » oldest newest most voted
0

answered 2014-03-18 10:17:02 +0300

VDVsx gravatar image

Improved in Sailfish 1.0.4.20, Ohijärvi, account re-creation is needed, if you still have issues please comment here.

edit flag offensive delete publish link more

Question tools

Follow
2 followers

Stats

Asked: 2014-02-07 00:03:56 +0300

Seen: 373 times

Last updated: Mar 18 '14