Ask / Submit
6

Bug: new contacts available on Google are not synced to Jolla

asked 2014-02-22 23:18:37 +0200

Hi,

I wasn't using my Jolla for some weeks and today I restarted using it. In the mean time I added some contacts on Google Contacts and they are not available in my Jolla contacts. I also can't find a way to manually sync these contacts (that by the way should be automatically synced). I think it's a bug.

p.s: I'm using latest 1.0.3.8

edit retag flag offensive close delete

Comments

I've tried to manually sync with:

dbus-send --session --type=method_call --print-reply --dest=com.meego.msyncd /synchronizer com.meego.msyncd.startSync string:'google.Contacts'

but it doesn't work anyway. In the logs I see this:

Feb 22 21:41:07 localhost jolla-contacts[25956]: [W] unknown:68 - file:///usr/lib/qt5/qml/Sailfish/Contacts/RecentContactsList.qml:68: Error: Cannot assign to read-only property "accountPaths"
Feb 22 21:41:16 localhost jolla-contacts[25956]: [W] unknown:68 - file:///usr/lib/qt5/qml/Sailfish/Contacts/RecentContactsList.qml:68: Error: Cannot assign to read-only property "accountPaths"
Feb 22 21:41:34 localhost jolla-contacts[25956]: [W] unknown:68 - file:///usr/lib/qt5/qml/Sailfish/Contacts/RecentContactsList.qml:68: Error: Cannot assign to read-only property "accountPaths"
Feb 22 21:41:42 localhost msyncd[1021]: [W] ContactsEngine::ContactsEngine:821 - The 'mergePresenceChanges' option has not been configured - presence changes will only be reported via ContactManagerEngine::contactsPresenceChanged()
Feb 22 21:41:42 localhost invoker[1022]: SailfishKeyProvider_ini_read: reached end of file
Feb 22 21:41:42 localhost invoker[1022]: SailfishKeyProvider_ini_read: reached end of file
Andrea Grandi ( 2014-02-23 00:51:04 +0200 )edit

I tried again, but just disabling/enabling is not enough. You have to disable, click on Save, exit from the options, open the options again, enable, save. A bit annoying but it worked.

Andrea Grandi ( 2014-02-23 20:13:13 +0200 )edit

1 Answer

Sort by » oldest newest most voted
0

answered 2014-02-23 20:11:08 +0200

Cary Grant gravatar image

updated 2014-02-23 20:12:33 +0200

i think i read somewhere that sync is reinitiated if you disable the account in settings and enable it again. not sure if you need to save it and get out of settings in between though. you should try both.

edit flag offensive delete publish link more

Comments

Not always this work and another worse thing is that contacts that were already synced down disappear after few hours. So I think I have a number saved in my Contacts and it's not there anympre when I need it. This is the worse thing. I've tried again to sync down Contacts and it's not showing.

Andrea Grandi ( 2014-02-24 08:45:23 +0200 )edit

You need to wait approximately 1 minute between when you disable the account (and save it), and when you re-enable it (and save it), otherwise the sync process which purges the contact data from the device due to the disabling of the account will not have completed when you re-enable the account - and in that case, the newly re-enabled account will not be synced (until the next sync schedule).

This is a known bug, which is being worked on.

Perhaps your problem is something different, however; please try:

systemctl --user stop msyncd.service

SOCIALD_LOGGING_LEVEL=3 devel-su -p msyncd

then retrigger sync (just re-saving the account should be enough to trigger sync, no need to purge first via disable) and see the output in that console.

If you can email me the log to chris dot adams at jolla dot com I can help debug the issue further.

Thanks very much for the report - any information we can get to fix these sorts of issues are appreciated.

Cheers, Chris.

chris.adams ( 2014-02-24 11:23:32 +0200 )edit

I will do it this evening when I'm back home. In the office the wifi sucks so much that I cannot have a stable connection to the device and the network connection using a USB cable seems not to work on my Ubuntu :(

Andrea Grandi ( 2014-02-24 11:43:22 +0200 )edit

Just make sure you disable the connection in the network manager applet, and then bring up the connection manually, for it to work via Ubuntu. eg:

sudo ifconfig usb0 up 192.168.2.14 netmask 255.255.255.0

sudo iptables -A POSTROUTING -t nat -s 192.168.2.15/32 -j MASQUERADE

sudo iptables -P FORWARD ACCEPT

echo "1" | sudo tee /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward

then ssh into the device and set up the default route:

devel-su -c /sbin/route add default gw 192.168.2.14

should work.

chris.adams ( 2014-02-25 03:21:55 +0200 )edit
Login/Signup to Answer

Question tools

Follow
3 followers

Stats

Asked: 2014-02-22 23:18:37 +0200

Seen: 309 times

Last updated: Feb 22 '14