We have moved to a new Sailfish OS Forum. Please start new discussions there.

[] update added lock code to my device? [answered]

asked 2014-03-18 19:08:40 +0300

finfly gravatar image

updated 2014-03-20 12:02:43 +0300

Low gravatar image

I am fairly confided I did not add lock code to my device prior update to and the phone has been constantly under my supervision.

After update it seems the device has decided a lock code for itself -which I do not know. Has anyone else noticed this? Is there any way forward from this problem?

edit retag flag offensive reopen delete

The question has been closed for the following reason "the question is answered, an answer was accepted" by molan
close date 2014-09-24 15:16:50.357588


I have experienced the same problem. The device locked it self. im pretty certain i did not set a device lock password at any point.

gkontos ( 2014-05-06 05:17:06 +0300 )edit

2 Answers

Sort by » oldest newest most voted

answered 2014-03-20 11:16:13 +0300

rainisto gravatar image

Sending device back to Jolla care for reflash which will clear the lock code. You need to proof your ownership also to ensure that device is not stolen. Min lenght for the code is 5 digits.

There is no known cases that lock code could be set without user entering it twice in the UI (and then forgetting that he/she has entered it). Care can quite easily detect if code has been set by hand (and most likely you need to pay the reflash in that case).

edit flag offensive delete publish link more

answered 2014-04-26 23:26:38 +0300

Hi Rainisto

I think this is what has happened to me also, also with the update I do not remember putting any lock code before the update, have you had more cases? I have tried all the codes that I use regularly and nothing… I do not understand what happened

Thank you


edit flag offensive delete publish link more


No cases has came, all the cases in the end have remembered that they have entered lock code at some point when they have been reminded that code length has been 5-10 digits.

rainisto ( 2014-04-28 12:20:39 +0300 )edit

I don't know if Jolla have it, but some manufacturers have a default lock code on their devices. mail syncing with company email (Exchange) often requires policy changes to the phone. If that policy requires a lock code, the lock code is enabled (but many devices fail to ask the user to set the lock code), so it is suddenly enabled with the default code. Perhaps it helps trying the two most common five digit lock codes? I'm sure you can guess the numbers.

tingo ( 2014-04-28 12:22:29 +0300 )edit

There is no default code in the device (its empty from factory), and currently our exchange plugin is not able to force set up code from policy yet. So there is no way that code is accidentally setup.

rainisto ( 2014-04-28 12:24:24 +0300 )edit

N9 had that annoying feature, where installing MFE corproprate mode would force the device in locked mode, and if there was no lock code defined, any random characters in the lock code area would become the lock code...

juiceme ( 2014-05-06 08:26:55 +0300 )edit

@juiceme, yes N9 had that feature, but Jolla phone doesn't have that feature. And even in N9 you could read the random lock code in cleartext if you installed a 'special' package to read it. And in N9 it was the antitheft feature that generated the random passwd and not MFE.

rainisto ( 2014-05-06 09:11:50 +0300 )edit

Question tools



Asked: 2014-03-18 19:08:40 +0300

Seen: 375 times

Last updated: May 06 '14