We have moved to a new Sailfish OS Forum. Please start new discussions there.

[Bug] Exchange sync fails regularly after

asked 2014-07-24 21:12:30 +0300

zlatko gravatar image

updated 2014-10-27 08:10:15 +0300

After upgrade to MfE sync with my corporate servers fails regularly several times a day. The cover shows "XX minutes" when MfE is set to always up-to-date. When triggering sync manually I get "Problem with sync" error message. Disabling/enabling the Exchange account restores normal operation immediately. I notice that this issue happens usually when the phone is switching data connection carrier - from WiFi to mobile or vice versa. Can this be connected to connman changes?

EDIT: the behaviour persists after several reboots. It really looks like being in connection to data carrier changes.

EDIT 1: After a month I am more and more positive this is connected to network changes.

EDIT 2: Still present in 1.1.039 Uitukka.

edit retag flag offensive close delete


I second this, I've noticed the same behaviour. I think I haven't successfully synced the account at all, when trying manually. This is after the latest upgrade. Automatically the sync works, at least I seem to receive the emails somewhat on time when the schedule is set to "always up-to-date". This might also be because at that time I usually am at one place, so the connection doesn't switch to/from mobile data.

tajunta ( 2014-07-24 21:39:59 +0300 )edit

Confirming this problem. Didn't figure out what the cause could be, but @zlatko could be right about the switching data connection.

Neo ( 2014-08-08 14:46:34 +0300 )edit

I haven't had this issue anymore. I think I deleted and recreated the account at one point, as advised below.

tajunta ( 2014-09-12 20:33:09 +0300 )edit

I have exact the same issue. Recreating the Exchange account has not solved the problem. I have to turn the flightmode on and off everytime when changing the internet connection.

owhen ( 2014-11-24 19:39:42 +0300 )edit

I have the same problem, contact sync is basically not happening. I am using open-xchange but the same problem existed with real exchange as well. It would be nice, if the exchange app would be working like the one made for android devices of several vendors. Even the Huawai y201 Pro is still doing a better job than my Jolla, unfortunately. I think the exchange app is kind of a basic "feature" for a smartphone these days. I really hate to be a complainer, but this sucks. Better don't implement the MfE app at all than half-working. Sorry Jolla but this part of your operating system is a big fail... Not even mentioning the calendar app... I was really excited for the phone and the operating system is promising but still disappointing. The biggest drag is, that it still feels like a Beta-version than a mature operating system. I really hope, you guys don't lose track of all this. I love the phone. But the operating system is not persuasive enough for non-expert user. You still have a long way to go. I would even pay money for a major release, if the release would bring features which fully work and are competitive with the rest of the smartphones. With an idiot-proof operating system, more users be persuaded to join and jolla will get a bigger support by developers.

Keep it up, Jolla!

gusvoi ( 2015-09-01 19:07:28 +0300 )edit

2 Answers

Sort by » oldest newest most voted

answered 2014-09-11 05:26:55 +0300

dmelamet gravatar image

Keep hoping issues will be solved... Like this one. Nothing. Switched to a Lumia for a rest. Will be on the alert in case some solution comes up. Because Jolla is so cute.

edit flag offensive delete publish link more

answered 2014-07-25 10:43:52 +0300

Spock112 gravatar image


you might want to look at my post https://together.jolla.com/question/51462/mfe-email-app-shows-wrong-time-for-last-snyc/

the advise was to delete the account and recreate it. It might be a problem due to the protocol change in MfE.

Best, Spock112

edit flag offensive delete publish link more



@Spock112 I do not sync contacts with MfE. I my problem is not the time elapsed since last sync, but that actual sync fails.

zlatko ( 2014-07-25 13:27:58 +0300 )edit

@zlatko: If you only sync Mail this might not help you. However the MfE protocol has changed perhaps this is also the problem with your setup. Just try to reconfigure your account it might help.

Spock112 ( 2014-07-25 13:40:51 +0300 )edit

If manual sync works fine after, this is related to network changing like @zlatko points above.

VDVsx ( 2014-07-29 11:21:53 +0300 )edit

@VDVsx Manual sync works fine after I disable/enable the Exchange account.

zlatko ( 2014-07-29 13:35:21 +0300 )edit

@VDVsx Issue still present in 1.1.039.

zlatko ( 2014-10-27 08:11:01 +0300 )edit
Login/Signup to Answer

Question tools



Asked: 2014-07-24 21:12:30 +0300

Seen: 605 times

Last updated: Oct 27 '14