Ask / Submit
181

SailfishOS, open source, collaboration meeting planning

asked 2014-08-21 22:22:21 +0200

this post is marked as community wiki

This post is a wiki. Anyone with karma >75 is welcome to improve it.

updated 2017-12-01 17:27:06 +0200

remote gravatar image

Next meeting:Thursday 14th of December 2017 at 09:00 UTC. The meeting will be held on Freenode IRC, #mer-meeting ( http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=#mer-meeting )

Check here for your local time: http://bit.ly/2ArvUj4

Logs of previous meetings: http://merproject.org/meetings/mer-meeting/

Agenda/topics:


  • add your name/nick using the template below to suggest a topic.
  • indicate how much time you will need for the topic so we can timebox the meeting accordingly
  • please be as thorough as you can with your question/topic
  • if you can't make the meeting please ask and then name a substitute who can in your place.

It is expected that you show up and present your topic, or name a substitute and make sure they attend in your absence. These IRC meetings are for real time participation and live discussions, otherwise you can post the topic on here on TJC or on the mailing list and get responses that way.

We need you to be present to clarify details in the topic, and to ensure the discussion is leading to the answers you are looking for! If you do not participate or your question/topic isn't clear enough it will be postponed.


Template for topic proposal: (edit this wiki directly to add your topics)

  • Name / IRC nick:
  • topic:
  • some details about the topic:
  • approx time needed:
  • optional: name of substitute if you cannot make it to the upcoming meeting (and inform your substitute!)

  • Name / IRC nick: remote
  • topic: keyboard to have an optional row with digits above letters
  • some details about the topic: asking for implementing an option for keyboard to have an optional row with digits above letters, so one doesn't have to constantly switch back and forth, for those willing to sacrifice some screen estate for convenience.
  • approx time needed: 7 min

For background info and invitation to this series of meetings, please see this post. Past meeting minutes, list of action points and further information are here, more recent minutes are here

Meeting Chair: (volunteers, suggestions,nominations...)

Responsibilities of meeting chair: send invitation/agenda before the meeting, keep time and order during the meeting, send minutes and next meeting planning info after the meeting.

  • James Noori (Jaymzz)
  • Simonas Leleiva (Sledges
  • Steph Gosling (stephg)
  • Carol Chen (cybette)
  • (your name here)

edit retag flag offensive close delete

Comments

7

Nice that you decided to move this here from the previous pad - I think TJC will serve well in this purpose also, also good to have many different topics under the same roof. Meetings might get new people too?

simo ( 2014-08-21 23:19:11 +0200 )edit
8

@cybette I wonder about the outcome of the action items 2 and 3 from the September 23th meeting:
> 2. Jolla to possibly spare some engineering time and fix up the proprietary bits to at least not crash and burn on SIP
> 3. cybette to poke SIP/dialer guys in Jolla
Unfortunately SIP is still not usable using the latest Jolla update.

alex25 ( 2014-10-28 08:46:46 +0200 )edit

bump. next meeting 7th Jan ?

kimmoli ( 2015-01-05 23:09:51 +0200 )edit

@kimmoli: yes

sledges ( 2015-01-06 16:49:45 +0200 )edit
4

@kimmoli@sledges thanks for the reminder. Sending email...

cybette ( 2015-01-06 16:54:55 +0200 )edit

41 Answers

Sort by » oldest newest most voted
2

answered 2016-03-27 19:26:17 +0200

ArmsOfSorrow gravatar image

I can't edit the wiki post because I just registered on here, but:

Name / IRC nick: ArmsOfSorrow

topic: Platform Development documentation

some details about the topic: this https://sailfishos.org/wiki/Platform_Development and various other sites about platform development are still just placeholders. I'd really like to help advance the platform (e.g. update some old packages), but the documentation on the whole process is scattered around various sites. When is it going to be (more) complete?

approx time needed: ~5 minutes

optional: if I'm not available (when there is a meeting date/time), just answer the question and make sure the log works.

edit flag offensive delete publish link more

Comments

@ArmsOfSorrow: done. Which makes me realise I must be particularly ill, since I've just helped an emo.

mkld ( 2016-03-27 23:41:58 +0200 )edit
2

answered 2016-05-02 15:40:46 +0200

edit flag offensive delete publish link more
2

answered 2016-06-23 10:09:21 +0200

nadir gravatar image
  • Name / IRC nick: nh1402
  • topic: QT future
  • some details about the topic: from QT 5.7 onwards it is no longer licensed under LGPL 2.1 does that affect us?
  • approx time needed: 5-10 mins
edit flag offensive delete publish link more
2

answered 2016-07-29 20:22:08 +0200

ArmsOfSorrow gravatar image

I don't have enough karma to edit the wiki, please add this to the main post:

  • Name/IRC nick: ArmsOfSorrow
  • topic: upgrading to bluez 5
  • details: Is there a plan/timeframe to update to bluez 5? I'm developing an application using QtBluetooth and I'd like to use the same connection setup code for Linux PC, Sailfish and Android, but that library does not work in Sailfish and I was told it's not going to be fixed for bluez 4. Also, is there anything I, as a developer, can contribute to that issue?
  • approx. time needed: 5 min
edit flag offensive delete publish link more
2

answered 2017-01-13 10:38:54 +0200

coderus gravatar image
edit flag offensive delete publish link more
2

answered 2017-06-12 22:09:55 +0200

remote gravatar image
  • Name / IRC nick: remote
  • topic: How soon 2sim version of Xperia X (F5122) will be supported after F5121 fw release?
  • approx time needed: 3 min
edit flag offensive delete publish link more
2

answered 2017-06-14 09:51:53 +0200

Xray2000 gravatar image

Name / IRC nick: Xray2000

topic: Will the Xperia X comming for shure, and will alien dalviek updated to a newer android

approx time needed: 5 minutes

optional: if i'm not there simply answer the question, i will read it in the logs...

edit flag offensive delete publish link more
2

answered 2017-09-04 08:02:54 +0200

sugashrajavelu gravatar image

Name : Sugash

Topic : Custom Gestures & Fastening UI.

Details of the topic :

Custom Guestures :

Currently we have limited user customizable guestures.which causes a problem either between left and right hand users . User definable guestures can add more customizability and it can showcase Sailfish Os as the best Customizable Os.

Fastening UI :

1.The animation speed is slow and it's seem to appeal as a Slow Ui or OS . ( The Warehouse patch is liitle laggy and it doesn't appear to be native ) . Speed can also be made User Customizable ! which adds more UI customizability !

2.Remorse timer is the best of Sailfish . Few think why to wait for 5 sec for a single action ( probably Not true as we can continue with other activities ) . Many tend to wait for the completion if they work on the same page . So adding an immediate action button on the remorse action bar will make it easy & faster appealing .

approx time needed: 10min

edit flag offensive delete publish link more

Comments

1

As for point #2, I absolutely agree that the remorse timer needs a re-work, not from a technical view, but from a UI perspective. By means of design, the remorse timer can be changed to be clear on what it shows and what the user can do, and the immediate button is a brilliant idea to improve it.

I've been using many (mobile) UIs so far, and I must admit that the SFOS remorse timer always puzzles me still after all those years, and this even annoys me almost daily.

Another improvement would be to make the remorse timer's timeout configurable. (I know this can be done by patching.)

Maus ( 2017-09-07 09:35:47 +0200 )edit

What do you think about user customizable guestures ? Any reasons you have for other listed ideas ? pls mention it , so that i can get some info .

sugashrajavelu ( 2017-09-07 12:21:33 +0200 )edit
1

answered 2016-04-07 10:04:43 +0200

247 gravatar image

updated 2016-04-07 10:25:33 +0200

Name / IRC nick: luca247

topic: why everytime jolla shows only android apps to promote Sailfish

some details about the topic: why everytime there is an event or a presentation jolla or other sailfish brands like intex are only showing android apps like whatsapp and not native ones like sailorgram or music library...you will never help the ecosystem to grow if you are the first not caring for native apps

approx time needed: 5 minutes

optional: if i'm not there simply answer the question, i will read it in the logs...

edit flag offensive delete publish link more
1

answered 2017-07-16 14:17:03 +0200

this post is marked as community wiki

This post is a wiki. Anyone with karma >75 is welcome to improve it.

updated 2017-07-16 14:17:03 +0200

I would propose to add an old question from 2015:

Inclusion of Bluetooth LE SDK libraries

Bluez5 already included for some devices as tech preview, so it would be good to know when can we expect least tech preview SDK support. What blockers does it have, what kind of help could be done by the community in this matter.

With high possibility I will not be able to attend on the meeting, but if someone could represent this question that would be great. Please let me know in a comment if you could present it on the meeting, and I will add to the proposals.

edit flag offensive delete publish link more
Login/Signup to Answer

Question tools

Follow
82 followers

Stats

Asked: 2014-08-21 22:22:21 +0200

Seen: 53,099 times

Last updated: Dec 01