Ask / Submit
193

SailfishOS, open source, collaboration meeting planning

asked 2014-08-21 22:22:21 +0300

this post is marked as community wiki

This post is a wiki. Anyone with karma >75 is welcome to improve it.

updated 2018-06-15 05:02:42 +0300

Louis gravatar image

Next meeting:Thursday 28th of June 2018 at 08:00 UTC. The meeting will be held on Freenode IRC, #mer-meeting ( http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=#mer-meeting )

Check here for your local time: https://bit.ly/2JJfiVo

Logs of previous meetings: http://merproject.org/meetings/mer-meeting/

Agenda/topics:


  • add your name/nick using the template below to suggest a topic.
  • indicate how much time you will need for the topic so we can timebox the meeting accordingly
  • please be as thorough as you can with your question/topic
  • if you can't make the meeting please ask and then name a substitute who can in your place.

It is expected that you show up and present your topic, or name a substitute and make sure they attend in your absence. These IRC meetings are for real time participation and live discussions, otherwise you can post the topic on here on TJC or on the mailing list and get responses that way.

We need you to be present to clarify details in the topic, and to ensure the discussion is leading to the answers you are looking for! If you do not participate or your question/topic isn't clear enough it will be postponed. Also: Always ask for *more time than you anticipate your topics needs!!*


Template for topic proposal: (edit this wiki directly to add your topics)

  • Name / IRC nick:
  • topic:
  • some details about the topic:
  • approx time needed:
  • optional: name of substitute if you cannot make it to the upcoming meeting (and inform your substitute!)


  • Name / IRC nick:tortoisedoc
  • topic: freedesktop standards vs lipstick (This topic is being repeated for the next meeting as the author was not available)
  • some details about the topic: currently freedesktop standards is partially adhered to by lipstick. Mainly user-defined conifiguration is not prioritized over system defaults, as requested by the spec in an obscure way here ; in particular "The base directory defined by $XDG_DATA_HOME is considered more important than any of the base directories defined by $XDG_DATA_DIRS. ") is currently not adhered to by lipstick, which searches both locations (system & user). The fix as such is "straightforward", but carries serious security implications with it. The idea is to brainstorm workarounds to harden the security of this "feature" and come up with a solution.
  • approx time needed: 15mins
  • optional: if i am not around move it to the next


For background info and invitation to this series of meetings, please see this post. Past meeting minutes, list of action points and further information are here, more recent minutes are here

Meeting Chair: (volunteers, suggestions,nominations...)

Responsibilities of meeting chair: send invitation/agenda before the meeting, keep time and order during the meeting, send minutes and next meeting planning info after the meeting.

  • James Noori (Jaymzz)
  • Simonas Leleiva (Sledges)
  • Steph Gosling (stephg)
  • Carol Chen (cybette)
  • (your name here)

edit retag flag offensive close delete

Comments

7

Nice that you decided to move this here from the previous pad - I think TJC will serve well in this purpose also, also good to have many different topics under the same roof. Meetings might get new people too?

simo ( 2014-08-21 23:19:11 +0300 )edit
8

@cybette I wonder about the outcome of the action items 2 and 3 from the September 23th meeting:
> 2. Jolla to possibly spare some engineering time and fix up the proprietary bits to at least not crash and burn on SIP
> 3. cybette to poke SIP/dialer guys in Jolla
Unfortunately SIP is still not usable using the latest Jolla update.

alex25 ( 2014-10-28 08:46:46 +0300 )edit

bump. next meeting 7th Jan ?

kimmoli ( 2015-01-05 23:09:51 +0300 )edit

@kimmoli: yes

sledges ( 2015-01-06 16:49:45 +0300 )edit
4

@kimmoli@sledges thanks for the reminder. Sending email...

cybette ( 2015-01-06 16:54:55 +0300 )edit

44 Answers

Sort by » oldest newest most voted
2

answered 2017-06-14 09:51:53 +0300

Xray2000 gravatar image

Name / IRC nick: Xray2000

topic: Will the Xperia X comming for shure, and will alien dalviek updated to a newer android

approx time needed: 5 minutes

optional: if i'm not there simply answer the question, i will read it in the logs...

edit flag offensive delete publish link more
2

answered 2017-07-16 14:17:03 +0300

this post is marked as community wiki

This post is a wiki. Anyone with karma >75 is welcome to improve it.

updated 2017-07-16 14:17:03 +0300

I would propose to add an old question from 2015:

Inclusion of Bluetooth LE SDK libraries

Bluez5 already included for some devices as tech preview, so it would be good to know when can we expect least tech preview SDK support. What blockers does it have, what kind of help could be done by the community in this matter.

With high possibility I will not be able to attend on the meeting, but if someone could represent this question that would be great. Please let me know in a comment if you could present it on the meeting, and I will add to the proposals.

edit flag offensive delete publish link more
2

answered 2018-03-27 15:15:04 +0300

au7ogeek gravatar image

updated 2018-03-27 15:17:32 +0300

Name / IRC nick: au7ogeek

topic: Xperia XA2 support details

some details about the topic: Which version of the Xperia XA2 will be supported exactly (model number)? There are many different variations across markets and single/dual-sim types, etc. Will the dual-sim version be supported (initially or maybe eventually)? Single sim versions are already difficult to find (in Sweden) while dual-sim versions are readily available. How about the Xperia XA2 Ultra? This is even more popular and readily available. It has the same chipset as the XA2 but a different screen size.

I feel it is important to clarify such questions now as the devices being supported may be hard to find later on when Sailfish XA2 goes on sale.

approx time needed: 5 mins

edit flag offensive delete publish link more

Comments

Will it support Sony Xperia XA2 Single-Sim H3123?!

Schumi ( 2018-06-14 22:09:18 +0300 )edit
1

answered 2018-04-04 17:24:16 +0300

Sanjeev gravatar image

updated 2018-04-04 17:54:22 +0300

Name / IRC nick: Sanjeev/snj33v

topic: Sailfish 3 introduction

some details about the topic: can we get deeper preview of new APIs besides the one already mentioned in MWC?, will there be any sandboxing for the applications we develop?, how long we still need to rely on android support in jolla store?, willl keyboard finally support emojis?

approx time needed: atmost 5min

edit flag offensive delete publish link more

Comments

@Sanjeev / @snj33v

willl keyboard finally support emojis?

Yes it will: https://translate.sailfishos.org/hu/translate/#search=emoji&sfields=source,target&unit=409386

Emoji kbd related strings landed in the 2.2.0 translation.

martonmiklos ( 2018-04-09 22:09:45 +0300 )edit
Login/Signup to Answer

Question tools

Follow
86 followers

Stats

Asked: 2014-08-21 22:22:21 +0300

Seen: 61,963 times

Last updated: 2 days ago