I'll just list a couple of problems, bugs and ideas about the keyboard. I'll add to the main text if you have other ideas etc.
- The haptic responses seem inaccurate, and the force of haptics jumps between hard and really soft.
- The keyboard doesn't go back to the upper case mode after a dot and a space, except in messages app.
The "confirming letter", or the bigger letter appearing on top of your finger while tapping, seems to not show every time on the letters next to the edge of the screen. eg. Q A Å Ä etc. This seems to happen when tapping the edge of the screen.
(added on 20th March 2014) There is some annoying bug while coppying some text in e.g. messageing and notes app. (see my comment)
Other stuff to discuss:
- Correct me if I'm wrong, but there doesn't seem to be a way to turn off word prediction.
- The space button is too thin and the dot is too wide, and I keep on pressing dot instead of the space. It.is.very.annoying.
- The predictions automatically create a space after a word. I would like this to be optional, as I have to use backspace if I want to place a period. (I know that way I would have to press space more, but that feels more natural than using backspace, it breaks my flow of writing.)
Edit by jgr: After tapping the prediction word, just tap the sentence mark (comma, dot etc.) – the space will be removed automatically.
- Allow for more than one language for the predictions. I usually write half in German and half in English (within one and the same message).
- Word prediction: use probability of next word based on previously entered text, it dramatically speeds up writing of chat messages
- Double tap on the space key should create a dot.