Ask / Submit
3

[solved] Issues creating new "general email" account [answered]

asked 2015-02-16 19:49:44 +0200

kid gravatar image

updated 2015-04-10 16:39:56 +0200

Hi,

I have issues adding "general email" accounts with IMAPs/IMAP-TLS and SMTPs/SMTP-TLS for use with ZimbraNE/Cyrus/Courier/Exim/Postfix.

"Checking account credentials…" ends up in with a "Connection timeout", though if I multi task and switch to the Email application, while the error message is "there", I can view and send e-mails just fine with the new account. "ag-tool list-settings <account id>" presents, to me, correct information and all looks fine on the server side. Though the account gets deleted upon "skipping" or going back to the "settings -> accounts" level.

Some background: The phone was just before this reset to factory defaults, upgraded to 1.1.1.27 (Vaarainjärvi), Email application installed, and account generation attempted. The Email app did work with these servers pre reseting, I only had issues with a Microsoft Exchange account.

journalctl, "blames" me, though I did not cancel the operation:

Feb 16 15:36:23 Jolla [23662]: [D] EmailAccount::activityChanged:259 - Testing configuration failed with error "Cancelled by user [Operation cancelled.]"  code:  1030

I have successfully added other accounts, such as jolla, CalDAV, CardDAV, XMPP and Microsoft Exchange.

I have contemplated using the list-settings dump to create the account manually with ag-tool, but have not tried that yet.

Any known work-around, or a better way to debug this?

edit retag flag offensive reopen delete

The question has been closed for the following reason "the question is answered, an answer was accepted" by kid
close date 2015-04-10 16:40:18.055718

Comments

Ref. this post, I found that I had a btrfs allocation problem as "btrfs fi show" command shows 13.75GB used of 13.75GB for 'devid 1'.

I carried out btrfs balancing successfully, reset the device once again, updated to 1.1.1.27. though I still experience the same error.

kid ( 2015-02-17 12:45:53 +0200 )edit

2 Answers

Sort by » oldest newest most voted
0

answered 2015-02-17 16:11:07 +0200

kid gravatar image

I found a work-around. Adding the "general email" accounts while on version 1.0.0.5, then upgrading the OS, solved it.

I'd really like to pinpoint the exact issue here, but…

edit flag offensive delete publish link more

Comments

1

@kid - Could you collect logs ?

in

/home/nemo/.config/QtProject/Messageserver.conf

enable file log and add a path for the log, like for example:

[FileLog]
Enabled=1
Path=/home/nemo/Documents/messageserver.log

Then restart the device or just restart messageserver5

systemctl --user stop messageserver5
systemctl --user start messageserver5

Reproduce the problem, send me the log file to mail-logs at jolla dot com. After that turn file log off again by setting "enabled" to 0.Thanks a lot!

VDVsx ( 2015-02-20 09:08:00 +0200 )edit

@VDVsx – Problem reproduced, log collected and sent. Thanks for the how-to rel. to logging this.

I seems to me that the client aborts on time out wile listing all the folders in the IMAP account. (Yes, I have a lot of folders, "sorry" :-))

I am able to add accounts on the Jolla smartphone for the same server, but for accounts with fewer folders.

kid ( 2015-02-20 11:23:54 +0200 )edit

I seem to have the same problem. I updated to 1.1.2.15 and my university email quit working. It wasn't updating regularly anyway (same problem as here) so I decided to set it up anew because it not only was not synchronizing, but also quite manually synchronizing as well.

The Outlook server (not Exchange: SMTPS/IMAPS) has about two dozen folders on it, so I figure that is the reason why I cannot set up the account anew. Not that I can reduce the number of folders either.

Hopefully this will be fixed in 1.1.2.27

Admittedly this work around isn't really an option for everyone.

oenone ( 2015-02-21 10:07:57 +0200 )edit
0

answered 2015-04-10 16:38:15 +0200

kid gravatar image

According to @VDVsx this timeout issue is a know bug and is already fixed internally butnot released yet, and a better work-around is (if you are comfortable on the commandline):

Gain root (devel-su) and then open this file:

/usr/share/accounts/ui/email.qml

Locate the lines:

// 30 seconds timeout
emailAccountInstance.test(30)

and change the value to 120 (2 minutes).

Thanks to @VDVsx!

edit flag offensive delete publish link more

Comments

1

I can confirm that this works. It is the first time at all that I can use the native E-Mail client of my Jolla phone. All of my accounts suffered from this nasty problem - until now, thanks to @VDVsx.

Maus ( 2015-04-12 00:57:00 +0200 )edit

Question tools

Follow
1 follower

Stats

Asked: 2015-02-16 19:49:44 +0200

Seen: 434 times

Last updated: Apr 10 '15