Issues with the accounts [not relevant]

asked 2015-02-17 02:56:58 +0300

dazo gravatar image

updated 2015-02-17 20:37:35 +0300

SInce I rearranged and reconfigured my XMPP setup, things have gone really bad. I'm on the latest dec. 2014 update of Sailfish.

I have deleted all my accounts from settings, set the phone in flight-mode, and still my old and wrong XMPP account is listed as online. If I turn off flight-mode, connect to wireless or mobile network and add any other accounts, they don't sync. I can browse the net via the browser, use curl/wget or whatever else. But anything related to the accounts configured through Settings->Account will not work any more. Unfortunately, this is getting a bit critical.

I've tried to clean up the databases in /home/nemo/.local/share/system/privileged/, /home/nemo/.activesync and /home/nemo/.cache ... without any luck so far. Where can I find the proper database to clean up?

edit retag flag offensive reopen delete

The question has been closed for the following reason "question is not relevant or outdated" by dazo
close date 2015-08-31 12:56:53.053776

Comments

You can delete the commhistory database (but this will remove all messages from your system, not just the XMPP account ones), from: /home/nemo/.local/share/commhistory/ The accounts database is at: /home/nemo/.config/libaccounts-glib/ The credentials database is at: /home/nemo/.config/signond/

chris.adams ( 2015-02-17 04:18:04 +0300 )edit

The commhistory database seems to only have SMS/MMSes, so no XMPP messages at all. I've wiped all the files from libaccounts-glib and signond. But still, I have this XMPP account claiming to be online, and adding new accounts will not complete a synchronisation ... If I'm lucky I get some of the mails, but no calendar or contacts and mail is never updated :/ It just spins at "Microsoft Exchange, Setting up account ..." in the account list. Forcing a synchronisation will just after many minutes say "Problem with sync"

dazo ( 2015-02-17 15:05:34 +0300 )edit

Btw ... doing a tcpdump on the phone, it shows just an initial connection to the mail server and then it stops. Synchronisation works from other Android devices against the same account on the server.

dazo ( 2015-02-17 15:10:51 +0300 )edit

You can get more logs out of as-daemon (the ActiveSync / Exchange sync process) by enabling logging for different categories in /home/nemo/.config/Nokia/activesync.conf

You'll probably need to reboot the device after doing that (or at least kill as-daemon), but then devel-su journalctl -af should give a lot of information about precisely where the Exchange sync is getting stuck, and why.

chris.adams ( 2015-02-18 03:14:45 +0300 )edit

Thanks! I will try that! Was busy in meetings the whole yesterday. But I discovered something else which is really odd. Due to that I've cleaned up all accounts and tried setting them up again, my calendar is completely empty. But I still get calendar alarms, despite the calendar being empty. Something is really out-of-sync now.

dazo ( 2015-02-19 15:19:44 +0300 )edit