Move between text fields in forms in browser

asked 2013-12-25 13:21:10 +0300

zlatko gravatar image

When filling out text fields in web forms(e.g. user/pass) in browser, usually bottom right button is "Enter". By pressing it one submits the form, even when it is not completed. It is better there to be something like "TAB", that jumps between form's text fields and elements.

edit retag flag offensive close delete



'Next' might be a better label than 'TAB'.

aegis ( 2014-01-01 22:02:29 +0300 )edit

Next and Prev a'la Android, iOS, BB10.. and Symbian too? :)

Artem ( 2014-01-04 18:45:16 +0300 )edit

but it's still necessary to have the enter button for when you actually want to submit the form. so the new button can't replace "enter", but it would need to be added. In the meantime, you can tap the screen outside the keyboard, while aiming carefully so you don't hit a previous text field.

bennypr0fane ( 2014-01-22 22:00:21 +0300 )edit

...this is made easier by the fact that panning is still possible when the keyboard is shown

bennypr0fane ( 2014-01-22 22:04:02 +0300 )edit

There are at least twenty suggestions here regarding keyboard layout and functionality. The keyboard should be context-aware and change layout slightly but consistently to show related buttons (next, @, arrows, /, submit, search, €, numbers, send). Thus it would work also for this specific need.

Nilux ( 2014-01-29 15:07:16 +0300 )edit