Ask / Submit
1

My phone don't have "org.freedesktop.UPower" service, why ? and how to fix ? [answered]

asked 2015-10-14 09:44:29 +0200

Schturman gravatar image

I got my phone one week ago from repair service (from Jolla). They didn’t repair my phone, they just sent me new one. When phone arrived, I did update to 1.1.9.28 and all looks ok and work. Only one my app (Battery notifier) is stopped to work and I noticed that “org.freedesktop.UPower” not exist anymore...
If I run this command:

/usr/lib/qt5/bin/qdbus –system

It show me list of different services, but “org.freedesktop.UPower” not exist anymore...
Can someone know why or how to fix it ? Maybe I need to install any package ?
Thanks

edit retag flag offensive reopen delete

The question has been closed for the following reason "the question is answered, an answer was accepted" by raketti
close date 2015-10-14 12:00:16.576221

1 Answer

Sort by » oldest newest most voted
6

answered 2015-10-14 11:47:47 +0200

Philippe De Swert gravatar image

Upower was removed as it was too memory hungry and woke up too much (thus eating up battery) for what it did. The battery info is now in statefs (and basic values can still be read from sysfs (/sys/class/power_supply/... )

edit flag offensive delete publish link more

Comments

Thank you for answer!

Schturman ( 2015-10-14 12:16:57 +0200 )edit

After this, is there another way to live-report the power info, like what upower --monitor-status offered?

simo ( 2015-10-14 16:56:59 +0200 )edit
1

@simo: not sure that command even gave you remotely useful info. But statefs has notifications too. Don't know if there us statefs documentation out there. I usually just check the sysfs values. And that would be very easy to add into a script. As things are not more difficult than cat /sys/class/power_supply/battery/capacity for example

Philippe De Swert ( 2015-10-14 17:07:03 +0200 )edit

It gave me quite essential info, for example when remotely checking if the usb wire had a good connection. I have a lot of variance in charging times, sometimes charging dropping.But scripting is an easy option, yes

simo ( 2015-10-14 17:10:58 +0200 )edit

Upgraded to Taalojärvi after factory reset. uPower was still there:

[nemo@JollaCeD ~]$ upower -v
UPower client version 0.9.23
UPower daemon version 0.9.23

As Philippe explained it's a battery eater, I removed it manually (pkcon remove upower)

Upower was apparently deleted from repository, as pkcon install upower doesn't find it anymore.

objectifnul ( 2016-07-02 11:38:37 +0200 )edit

Question tools

Follow
2 followers

Stats

Asked: 2015-10-14 09:44:29 +0200

Seen: 290 times

Last updated: Oct 14 '15