- Google calendar sync to your Jolla (one way)
- Camera support in Android apps
- Updating/uninstalling apps from Yandex store
- Camera now supports all 4 orientations
- Advanced recovery mode [details]
- Ability to accept any server certificates during Exchange ActiveSync account setup
Fetch the update
If your Jolla is connected to WLAN network, an OS update notification should pop up shortly. If you just can't wait, you can manually trigger an OS update check as follows:
- Open Settings app
- Go to System Settings -> About Product
- Pull down the pulley menu and select 'Check for update'
- Once an OS update notification is received, tap on it and follow the instructions.
This version of the release notes includes update information that was not in the original notes. There was a communication failure during the holidays and not all relevant items related to hardware adaptation and user privacy were included. There was no intention to hide anything and the changes are mentioned in the RPM changelogs on device.
Highlights of improvements
It was discovered that it was possible to access the data of a device even when locked with a device lock code. This could be done through the fastboot protocol of the device bootloader without OEM unlocking the device (making it obvious that a breach had been made) or entering device lock code. A change was made that closed this security hole.
The philosophy regarding security which we follow in Jolla is that we'd like to protect a user's data against attacks, be it physical attacks (somebody steals your device), application/malware or security exploits. Our focus is on user privacy.
- Improvements in exposure time and auto focus in low light conditions
- Improved switching from rear to front camera
- Connection switcher in Settings no longer sticks even when the network is not fully registered
- Static IP settings bug fixed
- Access point selection steps can be reversed without causing an issue.
- Retries are now possible if you input a wrong WLAN password
Home / Events / Notifications
- Only important notifications (missed call, chat, messages, mails) are shown on Lock screen, all notifications are visible in Events
- Facebook and Twitter notifications no longer have LED indicators
- Disabling Facebook/Twitter feeds now removes them from Events
- Better support for high flow of tweets
- Twitter feeds now show the real name of the user
- Notification clearing improved
- Updates no longer re-appear after reboot
- USB mode selection is no longer shown when device is locked/suspended
- Fixes an issue where Home displayed as a long scrollable list
- Entering incorrect code on device lock screen now has haptic feedback
- Improvements in jolla account creation steps
- Call volume can now be adjusted before outgoing call is answered
- Phone call UI does not show Bluetooth indicator when connected to a device that does not support phone call audio
- Previous caller's avatar no longer flickers before the current caller's avatar is displayed
- When powering up the device now registers directly to 3G instead of first registering to 2G and then switching to 3G
- Messages application keeps the active page and message text when re-activated from Launcher
- Message notifications now remain cleared and group correctly after rebooting
- Modifying contacts now shows available message conversation options immediately
- Imported contacts with unknown IM accounts no longer appear as apparently usable messaging options
- Multiple recipients can now be picked from favorites
- Words with a dot in the middle are no longer recognized as a URL when entering the message
- Phone numbers with dialling card prefixes are no longer merged with their un-prefixed versions
- Fixed confusing behaviour while editing contacts that have only nickname
- Search results in People are now correctly highlighted
- Uninstalling the app cancels outstanding alarms
- Clock now shows the correct time in alarm list and cover for all timezones
- OBEX push requests from trusted devices are now automatically accepted
- A more informative progress bar is shown during BT discovery
- Minor UI fixes and performance improvements
- WebGL performance improved significantly
- Fixes an issue where browser stopped to open links
- System update check is only done over a WLAN connection
- Connection dialog and status indication no longer suggest that a check is in progress without a connection
- Speed up app installation process
- Time display in Settings now respects the selected time zone
- UTC offset shown now takes DST into account
- Developer mode: Fingerterm default settings are more user friendly
- USB default mode of "Always ask" is respected even after unlocking the device
- Improves support for accounts where service username is different from email address
- Improves standard folders handling
- Fixes an issue in the communication with SMTP servers that don't require authentication
- Fixes an issue related to email sending for some servers using ecrypted password(CRAM-MD5) for authentication
- Fixes an issue in attachments handling in POP3 accounts
- Fixes an issue in email deleting in POP3 accounts
- Fixes an issue related to email signature handling in draft emails
- Fixes an issue in the unread email count for local only folders
- Fixes an issue that prevents long email subjects to be shown in the email info view
- Fixes an issue related to opening a html email via notification
- Fixes an issue related to replying to html only emails
- Improved error reporting when an account can't be configured
- Opening a document from a mail attachment works even if another document is being viewed.
- Documents from transfer UI can now be opened with Office app
- Start time of the first calendar appointment now displays correctly
- Calendar alarms are now visible in silent mode
- Some situations causing a crash or hang are now fixed
- Audio and video are now in sync when watching videos in Netflix or other video applications
- Fixed issue where remote keyboard stops occasionally
- Location status is now checked before attempting to search for GPS
- Fixed issue where typed characters appended to an underlined word in predictive keyboard
- Applications using audio integrate better with native SailfishOS apps
- Network state detection improvements
- Application pause/resume improvements
If a factory reset cannot be performed or if the device has booting issues,
- Unplug USB cable and turn off device
- Press volume down and power on the device
- Plug in USB cable and using USB networking telnet to 192.168.2.15 or 10.42.66.66 and follow the instructions
Note: it is still possible to break the Recovery mode in developer mode.
Some of the android apps are still unable to connect to mobile data network if the SIM PIN code is entered after a measurable delay on boot up. This is due to the incorrect 3G connectivity detection API used by them.
There are 2 ways out of this situation:
- Reboot the device and enter the PIN code promptly when asked OR
- Restart android runtime service as follows from the Terminal app (requires developer mode enabled )
[nemo@localhost ~]$ devel-su Password: [root@localhost nemo]# systemctl stop aliendalvik.service [root@localhost nemo]# systemctl start aliendalvik.service
Also sometimes Android apps don't play any sound anymore. Here as well restarting Aliendalvik service fixes the issue.
Due to the bug fix to protect user privacy, it is not currently possible to utilize the fastboot protocol to boot other kernels. This is naturally a regression in tinker-ability and a temporary problem that we will fix in an upcoming update when it can be done in a secure manner with respect to device lock and user privacy.
There is no intention to lock down the device and disallow tinkering and we'll seek to remedy this regression when possible.