Ask / Submit
2

[bug] 1.1.4.29: CardDav not working anymore (posteo.de) [workaround]

asked 2015-05-13 17:26:13 +0300

mattis gravatar image

updated 2015-05-14 11:26:00 +0300

Hi,

since the last update, CardDav synchronization isn't working anymore. I used the configuration discussed in this issue.

I've recreated the account after the update.

This is the journalctl output when manually triggering a sync:

 
Mai 13 16:07:59 Jolla carddav-client[2615]: [D] CardDav::fetchUserInformation:292 - void CardDav::fetchUserInformation() requesting principal urls for user 
Mai 13 16:07:59 Jolla carddav-client[2615]: [D] RequestGenerator::generateRequest:93 - generateRequest(): ""  QUrl( "https://MYUSERNAME@posteo.de/.well-known/carddav" )  "0" "PROPFIND" "<d:propfind xmlns:d="DAV:"><d:prop><d:current-user-principal /></d:prop></d:propfind>" 
Mai 13 16:07:59 Jolla carddav-client[2615]: [D] SignOn::IdentityImpl::getInfoReply:381 - identityimpl.cpp 381 getInfoReply QMap(("ACL", QVariant(QStringList, () ) ) ( "AuthMethods" ,  QVariant(QDBusArgument, ) ) ( "Caption" ,  QVariant(QString, "Jolla") ) ( "Id" ,  QVariant(uint, 23) ) ( "Owner" ,  QVariant(QStringList, () ) ) ( "Realms" ,  QVariant(QStringList, () ) ) ( "RefCount" ,  QVariant(int, 0) ) ( "StoreSecret" ,  QVariant(bool, true) ) ( "Type" ,  QVariant(int, 0) ) ( "UserName" ,  QVariant(QString, "MYUSERNAME") ) ( "UserNameSecret" ,  QVariant(bool, false) ) ( "Validated" ,  QVariant(bool, true) ) )  
Mai 13 16:07:59 Jolla carddav-client[2615]: [D] SignOn::IdentityImpl::updateState:96 - identityimpl.cpp 96 updateState Updating state:  "Ready" SignOn::IdentityImpl(0x207d8c0) 
Mai 13 16:07:59 Jolla carddav-client[2615]: [W] CardDav::userInformationResponse:342 - void CardDav::userInformationResponse() error: 202 ( 403 ) to request "https://posteo.de/.well-known/carddav" 
Mai 13 16:07:59 Jolla carddav-client[2615]: [D] {anonymous}::debugDumpData:55 - "<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">" 
Mai 13 16:07:59 Jolla carddav-client[2615]: [D] {anonymous}::debugDumpData:55 - "<html><head>" 
Mai 13 16:07:59 Jolla carddav-client[2615]: [D] {anonymous}::debugDumpData:55 - "<title>403 Forbidden</title>" 
Mai 13 16:07:59 Jolla carddav-client[2615]: [D] {anonymous}::debugDumpData:55 - "</head><body>" 
Mai 13 16:07:59 Jolla carddav-client[2615]: [D] {anonymous}::debugDumpData:55 - "<h1>Forbidden</h1>" 
Mai 13 16:07:59 Jolla carddav-client[2615]: [D] {anonymous}::debugDumpData:55 - "<p>You don't have permission to access /.well-known/carddav" 
Mai 13 16:07:59 Jolla carddav-client[2615]: [D] {anonymous}::debugDumpData:55 - "on this server.</p>" 
Mai 13 16:07:59 Jolla carddav-client[2615]: [D] {anonymous}::debugDumpData:55 - "</body></html>" 
Mai 13 16:07:59 Jolla carddav-client[2615]: [C] CardDavClient::syncFinished:137 - CardDAV sync failed: 401 "" 

I've did some basic testing with curl to find out what's going on:

$ curl --request PROPFIND  --user username:password --header "Content-Type: text/xml" --header "Brief:t" --data "<d:propfind xmlns:d="DAV:"><d:prop><d:current-user-principal /></d:prop></d:propfind>" https://posteo.de/.well-known/carddav
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">
<html><head>
<title>403 Forbidden</title>
</head><body>
<h1>Forbidden</h1>
<p>You don't have permission to access /.well-known/carddav
on this server.</p>
</body></html>


$ curl --request PROPFIND  --user username:password --header "Content-Type: text/xml" --header "Brief:t" --data "<d:propfind xmlns:d="DAV:"><d:prop><d:current-user-principal /></d:prop></d:propfind>" https://posteo.de:8843/.well-known/carddav
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">
<html><head>
<title>302 Found</title>
</head><body>
<h1>Found</h1>
<p>The document has moved <a href="https://posteo.de:8843/addressbooks">here</a>.</p>
</body></html>

So my guess is, that the Jolla CardDav-client does not send the request to the correct port!?

I've configured the URL as "https://posteo.de:8843" as proposed in the issue linked above.

edit retag flag offensive close delete

1 Answer

Sort by » oldest newest most voted
4

answered 2015-05-14 11:24:24 +0300

mattis gravatar image

Sorry, I'm answering my own question:

.well-known URLs are just a redirect for convenience, so people don't have to configure the real URL - they can just fill in the server address ("https://posteo.de:8843" in this case).

Therefore a workaround is just to fill in the address in the configuration on which the redirect points:

https://posteo.de:8843/addressbooks

This works for me (at least initial sync).

edit flag offensive delete publish link more

Comments

Thanks this helped just a little bit. Now it synced the contacts added within the last couple of months 10-15 contacts) and not the rest of my previously added 200 contacts.

Wizah ( 2015-05-15 12:38:18 +0300 )edit

It was only a temporary sync :/ Doesn't work anymore. Not even after reboot.

Wizah ( 2015-05-15 12:56:36 +0300 )edit
1

I've had no problems with the initial sync, but there are still some issues when editing contacts.

See this issue for more information on how to provide more details about your problem (if you're in developer mode). So the guys at Jolla have a chance of finding out what's going on.

mattis ( 2015-05-15 13:37:32 +0300 )edit
Login/Signup to Answer

Question tools

Follow
3 followers

Stats

Asked: 2015-05-13 17:26:13 +0300

Seen: 722 times

Last updated: May 14 '15