Exchange calendar not visible in Jolla C

asked 2016-07-24 13:03:16 +0200

elakim gravatar image

updated 2016-07-24 13:10:13 +0200

I have had Exchange up and running in my Jolla for years now. When I tried to add the account to my new Jolla C, with the exact same settings, I ran into two problems.

The creation of the account appeared to be successful. But when I got as far as to the account settings, setting Provisioning on and selecting "Accept" resulted in Jolla getting stuck in checking server settings and policies. The only way to get rid of that message was to kill the settings app. Provisioning was turned on on my old Jolla.

If I deselected Provisioning, I was able to add the account, and it appeared to be active when checked in settings / accounts. But the Exchange calendar entries didn't show up in my calendar! I couldn't even select the Exchange calendar in the Calendar app's Manage calendars. Or when adding a new entry.

Changing the permissions on /home/nemo/.cache/msync didn't help. Neither did rebooting the phone, reinstalling the calendar nor reinstalling the exchange support.

See also https://together.jolla.com/question/14284/synchronisation-and-horde/ (this is where I describe the activesync server)

Any ideas?

Edit: For the heck of it, I tried creating the Exchange account on my Jolla Tablet (which had Taalojärvi running so should be at the same version as the old Jolla). Same problem: Exchange calendar (or rather, Horde calendar) didn't appear in the Calendar application's list of calendars. So um. An existing account seems to stay visible in the Calendar, adding new accounts don't. Am I missing something obvious? If I add a CalDAV calendar, it will just automatically become visible in the Calendar app.

edit retag flag offensive close delete

Comments

my calendars are visible in the calendar-list, but there are no events visible

nightmare ( 2016-07-24 23:59:59 +0200 )edit
3

Both the Jolla Tablet and the new Jolla C device use the "new" Sailfish OS Exchange ActiveSync plugin. The old Jolla 1 device uses the "old" (licensed) EAS plugin which was not developed by Jolla. We are no longer supporting the "old" plugin, but can fix bugs in the new plugin going forward (although limited by resourcing constraints...)

No code is shared between the two plugins, at all, so they will have entirely separate feature sets, bugs, issues, etc. It sounds like you've encountered a bug in the "new" plugin which was not present in the "old" plugin, related to the exchange server with which you're communicating.

chris.adams ( 2016-07-25 07:59:25 +0200 )edit

Same here with contacts over EAS on horde.

michfu ( 2016-07-25 18:55:50 +0200 )edit

@nightmare Maybe enabeling eas-logging can help you to find the problematic calendar entry. In my case I found a "critical" entry in the log. After removing and readding it in Outllook the sync is working perfect.

I follwed the mini-tutorial from https://together.jolla.com/question/115211/tablet-adding-openxchange-accounts-failes-while-working-on-phone-why-has-activesync-been-replaced-with-sailfisheas/. First, ensure that /home/nemo/.config/eas-sailfish.conf has:

 [logging]
 Sailfish.eas.debug=dwc
 Sailfish.eas.error=dwc
 Sailfish.eas.warning=dwc
 Sailfish.easnetwork=dwc
 Sailfish.easwbxml=dwc
 Sailfish.logfile=/var/nemo/Documents/eas.log

Then reboot device. After a sync the logfile is growing.

caesium ( 2016-07-26 21:00:00 +0200 )edit

Well, got the Horde calendar sync working with caldav, so didn't need this after all. Thanks for the clarification.

elakim ( 2016-09-13 23:11:42 +0200 )edit